The Navaratra fairs in Shravan (August), Kartik (October) and Chaitra (March-April) are very popular with devotees when accommodation is very tight. Other popular days are Sankranti, Purnima and Ashtami.
There are a number of dharamshalas, guest houses and hotels of varying quality in and around Chintpurni. Himachal Tourism runs Hotel Yatri Niwas at Bharwain which is only 3 km from the Chintpurni temple. It has a magnificent view of the Swan valley to the south. At night to the west you can see the bright lights of the Temple and its bazaar. Looking towards the northeast are the shimmering waters of the Govind Sagar.
There are other hotels like, Hotel Pankaj, Jalandhar Hotel, Bombay Picnic Stop, etc, in and around Chintpurni.
Getting ThereThere are a number of ways to get to Chintpurni from Delhi and other places in north India.
Drive By Road:
From Delhi: Delhi - Chandigarh - Ropar - Nangal - Una - Amb- Mubarikpur - Thaneek Pura - Bharwain - Chintpurni
From Jalandhar: Jalandhar - Hoshiarpur - Gagret -Mubarikpur - Thaneek Pura - Bharwain - Chintpurni
Delhi, Haryana, Punjab and Himachal State Transport departments run buses on the Delhi-Chandigarh-Chintpurni route. Buses running on the Delhi-Chandigarh-Dharamshala and Delhi-Chandigarh-Palampur route stop at either Bharwain or Chintpurni bus stand. Frequent State Transport bus services are also available from important cities of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, and Delhi, etc.
A number of trains can be used to travel to Chintpurni. Frequent bus and taxi services to Chintpurni are available from all nearby railway stations. The nearest railway stations is Amb Andaura (station code AADR), which is about 20 km from the Chintpurni temple. Other nearby stations are Una Himachal (station code UHL) at 50 km and Hoshiarpur (station code HSX) at 42 km.
The following trains are best suited:
- Himachal Express (14553): Daily, Delhi to Amb Andaura, Himachal Pradesh. Leaves Old Delhi railway station at 11.30 pm and reaches Amb Andaura station at 8 am.
- Jan Shatabadi (12057): Daily, Delhi to Una Himachal. Leaves New Delhi railway station at 3 pm and reaches Una at 10 pm.
- DMU Shuttle Train Service (74992): Daily, Ambala to Amb Andaura via Nangal Dam and Una.
Nearest airport is at Gaggal in Dharmshala, which is in Kangra district. Distance to Chintpurni is about 60 km. Indian Airlines flies to Dharmshala via Chandigarh. Kingfisher Airlines, Indigo, Go Air also provide flights to Dharmshala, though you may need to verify with these service providers. Other airports are at Amritsar (160 km) and Chandigarh (150 km).
- Delhi - Chandigarh - Ropar - Nangal - Una - Mubarakpur - Bharwain - Chintpurni : 420 km
- Chandigarh - Ropar - Nangal - Una - Mubarakpur - Bharwain - Chintpurni : 150 km
- Jalandhar - Hoshiarpur - Gagret - Bharwain - Chintpurni : 90 km
- Hoshiarpur - Gagret - Bharwain - Chintpurni : 42 km
- Kangra - Jwalaji - Bharwain - Chintpurni : 55 km
- Naina Devi - Nangal - Una - Mubarakpur - Bharwain - Chintpurni : 115 km
- Vaishno Devi - Jammu - Pathankot - Kangra - Bharwain - Chintpurni : 250 km